If you've ever encountered the “Error 1006 Access Denied” message while trying to visit a website, you're not alone. This annoying error indicates that the website owner has blocked your IP address, preventing you from accessing their site.
There could be an explanation for why you were IP banned;
- The website detected activity or unusual traffic originating from your IP address. Decided to block it as a security measure.
- You may have violated the website's terms of service or policies somehow.
- Your IP address might have been mistakenly identified as a threat by the system.
- You are connecting through a VPN or proxy service previously prohibited by the website.
No matter what led to your IP ban, it can be incredibly frustrating to be unable to access websites and services that are important to you. However, there are ways to work around this issue and regain access.
Fix Error 1006 Access Denied by using ExpressVPN
How a VPN can help Fix Error 1006
To bypass an IP ban effectively, one of the reliable solutions is to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Let me give you an explanation of how a VPN can assist you in overcoming Error 1006;
- A VPN provides you with an IP address. When you connect to a VPN server, the provider assigns you a different IP address. This essentially conceals your IP granting you a new online identity.
- VPNs offer IP address switching. By switching between various VPN servers, you can effortlessly change your IP address multiple times until you find one that hasn't been banned.
- VPNs encrypt your traffic. Through encryption, websites cannot identify you based on your IP address, location, or other distinctive factors.
In summary, a VPN enables you to surpass IP bans by masking your IP and accessing the internet through an unblacklisted IP address. Once again, once you discover an unbanned VPN server's IP, regaining access to the blocked site or service becomes possible.
What is a VPN?
A VPN, short for Virtual Private Network, is a service that establishes a protected and encrypted connection over the internet between your device and a designated VPN server. The VPN masks your IP address and location by channeling all of your internet traffic through a tunnel” connecting your device to the server.
This enables you to surf the web while granting you access to restricted websites and content.
How does a VPN work?
When you connect to a VPN server, a secure and encrypted pathway is formed between your device and the server. Of directly connecting to websites, all of your internet traffic is initially directed through this encrypted VPN pathway;
- Your device establishes a connection with a VPN server located in a part of the world.
- A secure and encrypted pathway is created between your device and the server.
- Any internet traffic originating from your device is. Directed through this pathway.
- The traffic exits the pathway via the VPN server. Gains access to the internet.
- Once the response is received, it travels back through the pathway to reach your device.
By doing so, you can access the internet using the IP address of the VPN server rather than your own. This means that external parties, like your ISP or websites you visit, will only be able to see the IP address of the VPN.
Benefits of using a VPN
There are many advantages of using a VPN besides just accessing restricted sites and content:
- Privacy and anonymity – Your browsing activity is hidden from your ISP, advertisers, and others.
- Improved security – Encrypted tunnels protect your data from cybercriminals on public Wi-Fi.
- Access blocked content – Get around censorship, blackouts, and school/work firewalls.
- Avoid bandwidth throttling – Bypass ISP throttling of video streaming services like Netflix.
- Enhanced online protection – Hide your IP address and location, avoiding DDoS attacks.
A reliable VPN is a simple way to stay secure and private online. It can help you access blocked sites and services while keeping your online activity hidden.
Step-by-Step Guide to Resolve Error 1006 Using a VPN
Step 1: Selecting the Right VPN Service
Factors to consider when choosing a VPN service:
- Server locations – Look for a large network across different countries and regions.
- Speed – Find a service with consistently fast connection speeds.
- Reliability – Choose a service with a proven track record of reliability.
- Encryption – Make sure the VPN uses strong encryption like AES-256 or OpenVPN.
- No logging policy – Choose a service that does not log or store your browsing data.
- Multiple device support – Go for a service that allows many simultaneous connections.
- Customer support – Pick a provider with readily available customer service.
The top recommended VPN services are:
- NordVPN – Extremely fast speeds, strict no logs policy, and over 5,200 servers worldwide make NordVPN a top choice.
- ExpressVPN – With excellent connection speeds, 24/7 live chat support, and over 3,000 servers, ExpressVPN is ideal for unblocking sites and streaming media.
- Surfshark – This budget-friendly VPN offers unlimited simultaneous connections, private DNS and leak protection, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Step 2: Installing and Setting Up Your VPN
Downloading and installing your chosen VPN:
- Go to the provider's website and sign up for an account. (we recommend ExpressVPN)
- Download and install the VPN app for your device from the website or app store.
- Log into the VPN app using your account details.
Setting up your VPN for optimal performance:
Here are the steps to optimize your VPN performance;
- Ensure the VPN app is set to launch when you start your device, ensuring a seamless connection.
- Configure the app to connect to the servers available, allowing you to enjoy optimal speeds.
- Set up your VPN with recommended protocols like OpenVPN. For maximum security, activate essential features such as a VPN kill switch, IPv6 leak protection, and DNS leak protection.
- Enhance your privacy by enabling the built-in ad and malware blocker within the VPN app.
- If you're interested in streaming content from regions, select VPN servers in those regions for easy access to the desired content.
Following these steps, you can set up your VPN for performance and enhanced security while enjoying uninterrupted browsing or streaming experiences.
Step 3: Connecting to a VPN Server
How to connect to a VPN server:
- Launch the VPN app and log in.
- Browse the list of server locations and select the one you want to use. Consider speed and the content you wish to access.
- Tap the “Connect” button to establish the encrypted VPN tunnel.
- Confirm you are connected by checking for the VPN indicator in the app or system tray.
Choosing the right server location:
- For the fastest speeds, select the server closest to your physical location.
- To access region-restricted content, choose a server in that country or region.
- For enhanced privacy, use servers in countries with strong privacy laws, like Switzerland or Panama.
- If you experience connectivity issues with one server, switch to another location.
Step 4: Testing the VPN Connection
Checking if your VPN connection is active:
- Confirm the VPN status icon or indicator displays as “Connected” in the app.
- Navigate to https://www.iplocation.net/ to check your IP address matches the VPN server's location.
- Visit https://www.dnsleaktest.com/ to verify your DNS is being routed through the VPN server.
- Go to https://ipleak.net/ and ensure no IP or DNS leaks are detected.
Verifying that your IP address has changed:
- Go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ to check that your public IP address now matches the VPN server IP address range.
- Search “what is my IP” on Google and confirm the IP address matches your connected VPN server location.
- Visit a website that displays your IP address, like https://www.showmyip.com/, to validate that your IP address has changed.
Step 5: Resolving Error 1006
Refreshing the page causing Error 1006:
- With your VPN connection active, reload or refresh the website showing the Error 1006 message.
- The website should now display normally rather than blocking you with Error 1006.
- If Error 1006 still appears, switch VPN servers and test again.
Contacting customer support if the error persists:
- If Error 1006 still blocks you despite trying different VPN servers, contact the VPN provider's customer support.
- Explain you are receiving Error 1006 and cannot access a specific site despite connecting through different VPN IP addresses.
- Ask if they have any other recommended VPN servers to use that may bypass the IP ban.
- As a last resort, request a refund if the VPN service cannot help you successfully bypass Error 1006. Then try another VPN provider.