- Review Top 10 VPN Providers
- #1. ExpressVPN – Overall Best VPN Solution With Secure Servers
- #2. Nord VPN – Privacy-Focused Service
- #3. Surfshark – Optimized For Streaming
- #4. CyberGhost – Free VPN Plan Available
- #5. IPVanish – Strong & Tested Encryption Methods
- #6. Private Internet Access – Dedicated Apps For Android, IOS, Linux, Windows & Mac
- #7. StrongVPN – Best Option For Multiple Devices
- #8. PureVPN – For Unrestricted Torrenting
- #9. Hide My Ass (HMA VPN) – Different Plans For Your Requirement
- #9. VyprVPN – Strong & Stable VPN Provider
- What is a VPN?
- Why you need a VPN?
- Frequently Asked Questions
The internet provides many possibilities. We can search for different information using our smartphones, tablets, and PCs. We can buy our favourite clothing brand in the comfort of our home. We can pay utility bills, banking expenses, and other expenditures with just a click of a button. We can watch movies, play games, listen to songs, and more.
The online world, however, poses safety risks. Identity theft and hacking are a few concerns for many of us. Good news! There are ways to protect ourselves from these security dangers. Using the best VPN in today’s market is one of the most effective solutions you should try this 2021.
But with the variety of VPNs, it would be confusing to make an option with confidence. Don’t worry! This comprehensive guide got you covered. From the best VPNs to the importance of a trusted virtual network, you have come to the right place. Without further ado, let’s begin!
Review Top 10 VPN Providers
You have done some research on the best VPNs. How’s your experience? There are much data to narrow down, right? Say bye to any hassles! This section comprises the best VPN Providers that will help keep your browsing experience more secure and less risk-free. Keep reading for more information!
If you are looking for the best VPN Service – Then just jump to none other then Express VPN.
#1. ExpressVPN – Overall Best VPN Solution With Secure Servers
Are you looking for the best VPN experience? Your long wait is finally over with Express! From fantastic apps, superb speed, ease of use, 24/7 customer support to wide compatibility, this virtual private network has them all. Whether you’re disappointed or not satisfied with your existing VPN, ExpressVPN is an excellent alternative you should try today.
Many homeowners and professionals use ExpressVPN because of its great compatibility. It works with Linux, BlackBerry, Mac, IOS, Android, and even Windows. You can also install it on your home router, games console, and Android TV.
Developed with split tunneling, kill switch, top-grade encryption, and DNS leak protection, ExpressVPN keeps your data secure when browsing the internet. You can protect yourself from identity theft and other dangers of the internet.
Like hotspot shield and other free VPNs, ExpressVPN features a no-logging policy, taking your anonymity into a different level.
The customer support is another thing to expect. The live chat support, for example, is available 24/7. Whether you find something ambiguous and not clear, there are accommodating staff you can depend on and trust at your most convenient time.
If you have experienced unresponsive customer support before, ExpressVPN is always on the go to assist you. The diverse and creative team of professionals is also friendly, approachable, and well-trained, too.
This service is popular for newbies. It is also even ideal for veterans. It is indeed a complete and flexible solution for people with different requirements and goals.
What makes ExpressVPN different from others is that it provides a combo of in-depth functionality and simplicity. The apps, for instance, are clean, organized, and easy to navigate. It was developed with the client’s convenience in mind, after all.
- Watch Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, Sky Go, HBO Go, BBC player, and more.
- It is available with a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is a good time to determine whether this service is right for you.
- Fast speed, especially on Windows. There’s no glitch and other stressful problems.
- One of the best solutions you should try.
- Netflix access. You can watch all your favorite and latest movies every day.
- Great app ratings. It is experts-recommended, safe, and easy to use.
- It has a good number of servers — a total of 160 server locations around 94 countries.
- Fantastic customer support.
- The use of ExpressVPN would change your online security.
- There’s no phone support. The live chat support, however, is available 24/7.
- Slow speed on a Mac device. But the speed on Windows is fantastic.
- There are five simultaneous connections in every subscription. You can only connect a maximum of 5 devices to a server.
- It doesn’t have a browser extension, especially for Internet Explorer.
- The free trial has limited features. It only conceals IP addresses.
#2. Nord VPN – Privacy-Focused Service
Another best VPN is NordVPN. While it can’t match with Express in terms of performance and functionality, Nord offers a privacy-focused and safe internet experience its valued clients would like.
NordVPN features around 2048 encryption aside from a choice of protocols and kills switch. Whatever websites and platforms you browse online, you can be sure your private information is safe and protected.
NordVPN offers a wide selection of applications, just like ExpressVPN and hotspot shield. Apps are compatible with many devices. Please feel free to visit the official website of the company for more information.
Streaming to one of your favourite movies is also possible. You can use Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and other popular platforms this 2021. If you are tired using Netflix, BBC iPlayer is a great alternative to consider.
The connection speed, on the other hand, is outstanding. There’s no buffering. Whether you are searching for information or watching dramas, your experience will be swift, seamless, and convenient as well.
Yes, it’s true that NordVPN was subject to a data breach in 2019. But the company has taken steps to address the problem. After a few months, it takes its position back.
Aside from great performance and features, NordVPN is available at a competitive price. While you enjoy effective internet protection, you can also save some cash in the long run. It is not only competitively priced, but it can also turn your goals into reality after some time.
Unlike hotspot shield and other VPNs, NordVPN is available with extra malware protection and adblocking. It also comes with obfuscated server locations, which allows users to access different corners of the internet. Aside from Netflix, you can still access Gmail, Facebook, and other websites.
- You don’t have to worry about VPN leaks. Thanks to its custom DNS settings and two different kill switches.
- NordVPN network has more than 5390 server locations in more than 55 countries around the world.
- This service provides dedicated IPs, double encryption, specialty servers for P2P, and more.
- The VPN can get around geoblocks. Use Nord today and bypass geo-blocks easily.
- The speed is good. You can finish your business presentation, and other paper works before the deadline.
- Known for one of the best logging policies.
- Due to quality service, Nord has high app ratings.
- Netflix access. You can also access other popular platforms with comfort and peace of mind.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Responsive support.
- A free VPN within a one month period.
- It doesn’t have split tunneling
- IP addresses are static.
- Sometimes, it is difficult to reach customer representatives.
- The kill switch is unable to shut off all apps, especially with the IOS app.
#3. Surfshark – Optimized For Streaming
Another VPN provider to take advantage of is Surfshark. Although it is a young company, it is now effectively competing with popular providers.
Due to its private network access, Surfshark receives a constant pool of customers. Aside from satisfied clients, its network now consists of more than 800 servers around 50 countries from different corners of the globe.
Just like hotspot shield and the other best VPN services, Surfshark does not collect any data from valued clients. It doesn’t gather data like incoming/outgoing IP addresses, browsing history, VPN servers, used bandwidth, network traffic, session information, and connection timestamps. Surfshark claims it only stores a limited amount of user data for other purposes.
Anonymous and secure browsing has also been associated with Surfshark. As with the best VPN services, Surfshark is available with a choice of protocols, which include IKEv2, Shadowsocks, and OpenVPN.
Surfshark offers a wide variety of applications that you can install in many types of devices. This includes Windows Mac and Linux. It also supports mobile devices, some routers, and smart TVs as well.
Other applications are compatible with Firefox, Chrome, and other known browsers.
The customer support is excellent. The response time is relatively quick. The customer representatives respond to queries and other concerns as immediately as possible. There’s no long waiting time. The staff is also accommodating and talented. Every client is treated as a family.
Probably, you have chosen a reliable VPN. But it wouldn’t suffice when customer support is poor and inefficient. Surfshark, however, would level up your experience. Its team consists of trained and competent professionals you can trust throughout the process.
When it comes to speed, Surfshark can compete with other experienced VPN services. In fact, it is fantastic. In Singapore, for example, the speed is around 200Mbps.
- Unbelievable prices. Perhaps, you’re afraid of using a VPN service because of the cost. But Surfshark’s 1-year plan only costs around $3.75, which is one of the lowest prices in the market.
- A number of servers. Overall, it has 800 plus server locations in more than 50 countries across the globe.
- It is optimized for streaming. You can watch the latest action films or comedy movies on Netflix and other platforms.
- Security configuration is one of the most excellent and best features.
- There’s no log and identity leak.
- It also works with BBC iPlayer and Hulu.
- It accepts cryptocurrencies to guarantee convenient payment.
- It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Friendly and professional support.
- It comes with a free trial.
- Some customers find the 1-month subscription expensive.
- IPs are static.
#4. CyberGhost – Free VPN Plan Available
CyberGhost is one of the most popular providers of 2021. Its best VPN service is a combination of ease of use and power, winning the hearts of over ten million people
Providing more than 6,000 servers in approximately 90 countries, CyberGhost is the most sought-after VPN provider you should use now.
It provides apps for Windows Mac, Android, and IOS. Its compatibility is perfect and convenient.
The live chat support is responsive and fast. Whether you have questions on the pricing plan or apps, don’t hesitate to contact the company’s customer support for your peace of mind.
CyberGhost provides a task-based app interface. This would help you avoid any guesswork over time. Identifying the server to use, for example, will be done within a minute or two without troubles.
Choosing a geo-blocked service is no exception. Pick between YouTube, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and other applications. Then, the app will connect to the server. Now, it will open a browser window on your target website. That’s it! It is easy and convenient.
There are other extra bonuses you would love. The VPN company is tailored to block ads, malicious websites, and trackers. Its automated HTTPS redirection leads to a secure and risk-free connection. The data compression can also help you save money on many devices.
Aside from solid encryption, it comes with zero logging, an extra kill switch, leak-proof apps, and an impressive number of servers.
When it comes to installation, the process is easy and convenient. Within a few minutes, the setup is done and completed. It is ideal for those who are a beginner and even experienced customers.
The app’s settings are also fun to navigate. After setting up smart rules, you can customize your connection features right away.
- There’s no need to provide your real name. A working email address is more than enough.
- You can pay with Bitcoin and other supported cryptocurrencies.
- Everyone can remain anonymous. Thanks to its encryption and other security measures.
- It is easy to connect directly from a specific system’s network settings.
- You can use third-party software.
- There’s a choice of VPN protocols.
- Setting up a home Wi-Fi router is possible.
- The VPN remains transparent with the company’s structure. It usually posts bios and photos on its website.
- Available with a 45-day money-back guarantee. Some only last for 30 days, CyberGhost extends it to 45.
- It has around 58 server locations. The number of servers is around 7,100.
- Outstanding support that best matches the needs of everyone.
- It provides both paid service and free VPN service.
- Some customers don’t love the logging policy.
- There’s no split tunneling.
- Slow and inefficient performance on Windows.
#5. IPVanish – Strong & Tested Encryption Methods
Founded in 1999, IPvanish is one of the most experienced and credible VPN services today.
After a few years of establishment, IPvanish has become one of the best VPN providers in the industry at present.
Equipped with more than 1300 servers in over 75 countries, it has in Southeast Asia, America, and Europe.
Its VPN service supports nearly all devices. It has dedicated applications for Windows Mac, Fire TV, IOS, and Android. It also allows customers to set up an IPvanish configuration on ChromeBook, Windows phones, and Ubuntu.
Aside from supporting major VPN protocols, it enables valued clients to access the SOCKS5 web proxy.
IPvanish provides a money-back guarantee of 30 days on different plans. Whether you’re not happy or satisfied with the VPN service, the 30-day money-back guarantee will not be a disappointment.
IPvanish has a fast speed. In a US server, the ping can reach up to 133ms. The downloading procedure is around 34.71 Mbps. The upload is at 24.72 Mbps.
In an EU server, on the other hand, the ping can reach 38ms. The download is around 82.67. The upload is 43.19 Mbps.
The working app is decent, as well. When it comes to installation, it is smooth and straightforward.
This VPN service offers easy to use and intuitive interface. Suitable to those who are not that tech-savvy, IPvanish is user friendly and very convenient. For Windows Mac users, IPvanish offers a kill switch.
To ensure the excellent user experience and the safety of users, IPvanish relies on strong AES-256 encryption, which has been used by the world’s government organizations and security agencies.
- You can connect up to 10 devices simultaneously.
- It is comfortable to connect to a variety of servers.
- TOR compatibility. The Orion Network (TOR) is simply a network that encrypts or relays your traffic data across a range of servers.
- There’s no malware or IP leaks found.
- Different plans and pricing. IPvanish provides three payment plans. These include monthly, quarterly, and yearly subscription packages. While a one-month plan costs at $11.99, IPvanish also offers a $5 rolling contract. But it is not always possible.
- It worked well on Android devices. It also supports other devices. Visit the official site of IPvanish for further details.
- Available with strong tried, and tested strong encryption methods.
- It comes with one of the best download speeds, split tunneling, and fantastic customer support.
- A great number of servers. It has over 1,500 servers.
- A total of 75 server locations.
- Not all servers are compatible with Netflix and other streaming platforms.
- The speed on Windows is slow and inefficient.
#6. Private Internet Access – Dedicated Apps For Android, IOS, Linux, Windows & Mac
If IPvanish or CyberGhost does not meet your expectations, Private Internet Access is another best VPN you can weigh in mind. Serving its pool of customers for years now, it has a dedicated following of users.
From reliability to the commitment to privacy, Private Internet Access is a one-stop VPN service.
Since its establishment, Private Internet Access has been offering speedy connections on its great number of servers. Although it does not have the widest selection of location, don’t underestimate its performance and functionality.
It comes with the Detect Best Server function. What is it really? How does it work? It is developed to avoid the guesswork of searching for the best location.
Like hotspot shield and other best VPNs, Private Internet Access is equipped with dedicated apps for Android, IOS, Linux, and Windows Mac. Each mobile application offers great cover and other incredible features.
Private Internet Access offers a maximum of 10 simultaneous connections. This means every member of the family can connect to the internet with a high level of safety.
The encryption is military-grade and secure. It supports multiple VN protocols, keeping your data protected from trackers, hackers, and other third parties. It even does not store any personal information. So, you’re free to browse the web with anonymity.
Although it is a simple VPN, Private Internet Access still has a malware blocker tailored to keep adware and viruses at bay.
Aside from apps for Windows Mac, Android, and iOS, it comes with browser extensions for Opera, Google Chrome, and Firefox. There are also detailed and step-by-step tutorials for other devices like routers.
While the apps are not as easy to navigate as you imagine, their security is superb.
The Android app, for example, does not have a Favorites system. But it can automatically protect you every time you access an unsecured Wi-Fi. It is convenient to use and available with a kill switch.
More than the appeal, browser extensions include a plenty of privacy-related extras. These include microphone protection, flash blocking, and cookie cleaning.
- 24 7 live chat. Every staff is always ready to answer your questions and other concerns.
- Competitive pricing. Available at a competitive rate.
- Strong applications you’d like.
- 10 simultaneous connections. A maximum of 10 devices can be connected to a server.
- The number of servers is continually growing. The locations are expected to double in the coming years.
- The money-back-guarantee lasts for 30 days.
- 98 server locations.
- One of the best client’s support.
- It comes with free services.
- Many customers believe that support access could be more effective.
- Users find it slow on Windows Mac
#7. StrongVPN – Best Option For Multiple Devices
Before, it was hard to find the best VPN that can bypass region locks. But it has never been easier with StrongVPN. Founded in 2005, this VPN service is located in Lake Tahoe, which is one of the oldest locations for a tech company in the US.
While it cannot compete with other VPN services in this list, its number of servers should not be underestimated. In fact, it has around 688 servers in different locations.
The VPN service is compatible with Windows, IOS, Google Chrome, and Mac. Whether you’re comfortable surfing the web with Windows or Mac devices, StrongVPN is one of the best VPNs that can change your experience.
The VPN service also offers customers with a competent and capable help center where you can find step-by-step instructions. Therefore, you can set up StrongVPN with a smile and comfort.
Who doesn’t like extra protection? Everyone loves that! This free VPN also works with TOR.
StrongVPN enables customers to connect using OpenVPN, SSTP, PPTP, IKEv2, L2TP, and other major protocols. It offers a built-in kill switch application, 12 simultaneous connections, and more.
- It is compatible with Netflix. You can watch movies of any genre. From horror, action, comedy to drama, you can access all types of movies.
- Conceal your IP address. You can surf the internet with reliable anonymity. You are safe, but make sure to avoid suspicious websites.
- Helpful and quick customer service. It is disappointing to wait for hours before customer representatives respond to your questions. At StrongVPN, quality and 24 7 live chat support are available.
- AES-256 encryption and DNS. Apart from concealing your IP address, the risks of identity theft, hacks, and fraud are lower than you have ever expected in the first place.
- There’s no logs policy.
- It can be used on different devices. It supports a maximum of 12 devices.
- It comes with a cloud storage freebie. To know more details about cloud storage, contact StrongVPN.
- A strong option for streamers, students, professionals, workers, and others.
- Like the hotspot shield and the other VPNs, its money back guarantee ends within 30 days.
- Estimated 30 server locations.
- Connect a maximum of 12 devices to a server.
- It is sometimes slow on other servers. But the company strives to develop its VPN service to meet the changing demands of the market.
- Some customers complain about the user interface. They believe it is outdated compared to other VPN services.
- It can break your bank. The features, however, make the cost worth it. Also, investing in the cheapest VPNs is not advisable.
#8. PureVPN – For Unrestricted Torrenting
Established in 2006, Pure VPN is one of the oldest and the best VPN services this 2021. Over the years, this VPN has become a go-to solution for many. Now, it boasts around 2,000 servers across various locations. Top server locations include North America, Oceania, Central America, Europe, South America, Africa, and Asia.
Just like a hotspot shield, this VPN supports all major devices. These include Linux, Windows, IOS, Android, and Mac.
To optimize your protection, it’s time to set the VPN up to work with smart TVs, routers, browsers, and streaming services.
Compatible browsers consist of Firefox and Google Chrome. Streaming services include Chromecast, Roku, and Amazon Fire.
Pure VPN has recently introduced a virtual router into the market. Developed for Windows devices, this VPN allows you to empower a Windows laptop or desktop with router-like performance. Say bye to five simultaneous connections! Start connecting a maximum of 10 devices at home.
Pure VPN provides a split-tunneling feature. What is it, and how does it work? It lets you pick how you’d like to send traffic thru the VPN of your choice.
Although Pure VPN does not provide its own TOR, you can combine it with a TOR network to enjoy added security and privacy layers.
Featuring a kill-switch function, it makes sure your anonymity and privacy are not compromised. Your IP address is properly hidden. It is also equipped with the NAT Firewall add-on, securing all hacking loopholes.
It supports OpenVPN, L2TP, IPSec, and other major protocols. Many users pick OpenVPN due to speed and security. But consider IPSec and L2TP. They are also proven and tested.
MiTM attacks are still common these days. Once hackers get access to your internet activities, they can read all your emails, copy your session cookies, see your browsing history, and even obtain personal information. This VPN is one of the best services you should take advantage of.
- 256-bit encryption. It takes time for hackers to figure out their pin numbers and passwords. Before it is too late, make sure you perform any safety measures.
- Cool and exciting features. It offers five simultaneous connections, a kill switch, DDoS protection, NAT Firewall, port forwarding, and split tunneling for beginners.
- Unrestricted torrenting. Due to the market’s copyright infringement lawsuits, many VPNs start to shy away from P2P servers. While there are some that offer torrenting-friendly servers, the services are limited, Pure VPN is not the same thing.
- 130 server locations.
- Friendly and dedicated customer support.
- You can connect a maximum of 10 devices simultaneously.
- Stressful download speed
- There are no leaks found
- There’s the no-logging policy
#9. Hide My Ass (HMA VPN) – Different Plans For Your Requirement
HMA VPN is another best virtual private network with a network of more than 1000 server locations in approximately 190 countries on different continents. Some of the VPN’s strengths are its impressive speed, ability to bypass geoblocks, and easy to use interface.
HMA Version 5 consists of auto-generated diagnostics mode and new design features. Its lightning mode is the most incredible updates this VPN has ever made for many users. Its servers are one of the closest and fastest options to pick.
The security is robust, safe, and stable. All apps, for instance, are protected by top-grade encryption. Windows, Android, and Mac users enjoy extra protection using a small kill switch.
That’s not all! HMA VPN maintains a no-logging policy for every compatible device.
HMA VPN works with streaming platforms like BBC iPlayer and Netflix. It is an excellent tool to bypass geoblocks. Its network, on the other hand, has at least five Specialty servers developed for streaming. This means you can watch the latest content in high definition without buffering.
HMA VPN network is commendable. Aside from 1,000 servers, it also has more than 290 locations. This VPN network also consists of five streaming-optimized servers in the US, the UK, and Germany.
Also, there are eight P2P-optimized servers located in France, the Czech Republic, the UK, the US, Germany, and the Netherlands.
HMA VPN supports torrenting. P2P traffic, for example, is allowed on a designated and optimized server. P2P enabled servers are listed on the app, so connections can be done with just a click of a mouse.
Every time you connect to a server, your IP address will stay hidden. All of your personal data are no exception. They will be protected 24 7/. Thanks to AES 256 bit encryption. But wait, there’s more! A choice of protocols is available. Whether you’re searching for PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, or TCP OpenVPN, you are in the right place.
- Enjoy a strong configuration. Use HMA now to avoid complicated configuration.
- There are three pricing plans so that you can choose the right subscription package without hassles.
- A 7-day free trial can be enjoyed by many. When the period ends, choose a subscription package that best matches your needs.
- There are many devices you can connect to.
- Customer support is one of the best.
- It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Compatible with different platforms. From macOS, Android IOS to Windows, it is a complete package for everyone.
- 290 server locations.
- There are past privacy issues.
- Other servers are slow and inefficient.
- It does not work in China.
#9. VyprVPN – Strong & Stable VPN Provider
VyprVPN is another credible and reputed name in the VPN industry. Owned by Golden Frog, VyprVPN was developed with the security and privacy of consumers in mind.
Unlike the other VPNs, Vypr has been on the market for almost two decades now. It is clearly a recognized and trusted brand for businesses and other professionals.
With the industry’s changing demand, Golden Frog has been striving hard to improve the security, quality, and reliability of its VPN service.
Throughout the years of quality services, Vypr has a solid, no-logging policy. This means it does not log information that could identify you. Yes, you can browse social media, stream to Netflix, and surf the net with anonymity.
The DNS leak test is straightforward, protecting your personal data at all costs. If you have experienced a DNS leak before, Vypr is an exception. It is safe and won’t be a disappointment.
VyprVPN offers enhanced protection. In fact, it has its own high-end and advanced DNS system. Commonly called as VyprDNS, it is made to be a zero-knowledge system. This means it takes your privacy to a different level.
VyprDNS circumvents censorship. However, it is not open to the public. It is only available, especially for VyprVPN users.
The servers are also operated and self-owned, helping the VPN stand out from the competition. While they might rend bandwidth or space from data centers, its integrity remains as high as possible.
Indeed, the number of VPN companies who come up with their own protocols is limited. It’s no wonder as the process is difficult. It also requires a lot of money, time, and other costly resources.
What VyprVPN does is that it just relies on OpenVPN 256 encryption. This makes the company’s Chameleon protocol a perfect solution for VPN-unfriendly countries like Iran, Russia, and China.
- It has its own servers. Use it now to find out how it works.
- It does not keep logs just like the other VPNs.
- It provides a strong, stable, and efficient security features for a wide array of clients.
- Five simultaneous connections. You can connect different devices simultaneously.
- It provides a 30-day money back guarantee
- 24 7 live chat support, so don’t hesitate to raise your inquiries and other thoughts.
- It is not the fastest VPN. Choose other excellent alternatives to save your time.
- The server network is relatively small.
- You can only connect 5 devices.
- It doesn’t accept bitcoin, go to its website to know the payment terms.
- Limited support.
What is a VPN?
A VPN is an online service catered to unblock censored or geo-restricted internet content. Then, it encrypts your online traffic and hides your IP address to protect your online data from government surveillance and hackers.
How does a VPN work? It relies on a VPN client and a VPN server to ensure a safe and risk-free connection.
Once the VPN client is installed on your smartphone or PC, you can connect to a specific VPN server.
After a minute or two, the connection is established. Then, an encrypted tunnel is automatically created between the server and the client.
Take note, every connection request you send thru the client to the web is always encrypted.
After that, the server decrypts your request before forwarding it to the internet.
Once the data is received, the server encrypts and sends back to the client.
Lastly, the VPN client on your home computer, laptop, or smartphone will decrypt the information. As a result, you can access the data with anonymity.
Why you need a VPN?
For the past years, a VPN has been getting massive popularity. It is no surprise as it offers many advantages everyone would like. Some of them are highlighted below:
It Conceals Your IP Address
Hacking thru IP address is indeed difficult because routers and internet service providers are equipped with firewalls.
But don’t relax. When hackers obtain your IP address, they might get valuable information like your state, zip code, and city. With this data, hackers can easily find other personal details about you.
Worry no more! Using a VPN can conceal your IP address whenever you surf the internet. So, the risks of leaking personal data are lower than you have imagined.
It Hides Your Identity and Makes You Anonymous
Since the best VPN can effectively hide your IP address or encrypt online traffic, it makes sure your footprints cannot be traced over the internet.
Hackers and scammers would have a hard time using your real IP address to gather data about you.
Also, any government surveillance organizations won’t be able to monitor your internet browsing history or activities 24/7.
It Helps Bypass Geo-Blocks
It is disappointing when you find a good link that says, “sorry, the content is not available in your area.”
This is how geo-restriction technology works. Content providers do this to stay compliant with existing copyright or licensing regulations.
But there’s a great way to bypass geo-blocks. How? The best VPNs got your back because it hides your IP address effectively.
Whatever content you’re trying to access, using a VPN can be a lifesaver.
It Secures All of Your Online Connections
There are Wi-Fi connections in malls, fast food chains, drug stores, schools, churches, commercial establishments, government agencies, etc.
Due to convenience, Wi-Fi is everywhere in the 21st century.
However, free Wi-Fi might not be secure. When you connect to an unreliable internet connection, you might put your personal data in danger. In fact, it is the best opportunity For cybercriminals to steal information on your credit card and bank account. Your email login credentials are no exception.
The best VPN can play a critical role. Since most VPNs use encryption, you can enjoy public Wi-Fi without getting traced. But make sure you invest in a high-quality VPN to avoid hassles at the end of the day.
It Prevents Bandwidth Throttling
You’ve probably encountered bandwidth throttling. But what is it? Basically, it is when an internet service provider limits your bandwidth, affecting your online speed.
The ISPs do that because they like to get rid of network congestion to improve their service.
But other ISPs use bandwidth throttling to convince their subscribers to purchase more expensive data plans. To avoid that, the best VPN will do the trick. Once you use a VPN in your one of your devices, you can use bandwidth to play games, stream TV shows, or download files without a problem.
Other benefits of using a VPN is that it can bypass firewalls, offer secure torrenting, make the online gaming experience better, and avoid price discrimination.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are VPNs legal?
Although VPNs may conjure images of some illegal activities, VPNs are legal to use in the US and other countries across the globe. It’s no surprise as VPNs effectively disguise IP addresses and even prevent ISPs from tracking your internet activities.
It’s always best to note that there are countries that ban VPNs. These include the UAE, Belarus, Russia, China, Oman, Iraq, and North Korea. Others implement strict internet censorship laws, making the use of VPN highly risky. If you plan to use a VPN, it is perfect for doing some research on existing regulations in the place where you live.
Are VPNs hard to use?
VPNs are designed with users’ convenience in mind. Yes, they are user friendly, fun to navigate, and easy to use. All you have to do is to choose a VPN. After then, decide which is better between a paid VPN or a free VPN. Next, download the app of your chosen VPN.
Now, pick a VPN server and connect. That’s it. There’s no complicated procedure to follow. Everything is convenient. But you might find the process difficult if you are a beginner. If you encounter some troubles along the way, don’t hesitate to contact the company right away! Using a VPN is not as simple as you imagine.
How much does a VPN cost?
Many people are hesitant about whether or not to invest in the best VPN due to the cost. While some VPNs might break your bank, other VPNs are competitively priced.
ExpressVPN, for example, has different pricing plans. For a one-month plan, it costs around $12.95. for a 6-month subscription package, it is available at $9.99 per month.
NordVPN, on the other hand, costs $5.00 per month.
So, how much does a VPN cost? It depends on your chosen VPN. The trick is to take advantage of a VPN that’s available at a competitive rate. Avoid the cheapest VPN for your comfort.
Are there the best free VPNs?
Of course! There are the best free VPNs. In fact, many companies provide money free trial and money-back guarantee before clients subscribe to a specific package.
Free VPNs are good, but the features might be limited. So, when a free trial ends, it is excellent to upgrade to a plan to level up your security whenever you go online.
What VPNs that provide a free service? Well, there are a lot of options to consider. NordVPN, for instance, provides a 30-day money-back guarantee. Using its free trial enables you to pick from thousands of servers in a range of locations. Its malware protection, 256-bit encryption, and kill switch are also good.
Can I use Tor or a Proxy instead of a VPN?
Definitely! You can use TOR or a Proxy instead of a VPN. But before you pick, make sure you identify your requirements and goals.
Compared to TOR or Proxy, VPNs are faster. It allows you to spoof your location with a tap of a button. It serves as one of the best solutions for those who wish to access any geo-restricted content. Some VPNs are available with no-logging policy.
A proxy, on the other hand, serves as web filters. The settings are applied to Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and other web browsers.
TOR allows users to become untraceable. Completely free, hackers might have a hard time attacking the network.
Should I use a VPN on my phone?
Your home computer, tablet, and laptop already has a VPN. How about your phone? If it doesn’t have a VPN yet, it’s time to install one in your mobile device.
Like what it does in your other devices, VPN in smartphones can do the same thing. It will add an extra layer of security to your internet browsing experience and activity. It will conceal IP addresses, bypass geo-blocks, and even make you anonymous. But there are possible risks to expect. This is especially true when you don’t choose a reliable VPN service.
The use of the internet provides many possibilities. We can shop, watch favorite movies, surf the internet, and more. But browsing the internet without any protection lead to identity theft and hacking.
Before it is too late, install a VPN on your device. The top 10 VPNs listed above might help. Are you looking for a free trial, 30 days money-back guarantee, encryption, or competitive rate? Any of the VPNs given takes your security to another level.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact the 24 7 live chat support of your choice. Then, try and use the free trial. Next, choose a subscription package. Enjoy surfing the internet with fewer risks.