New Zealand is the best place in the world to live. It's so good that some people can't find anything wrong with it. It has everything you need – excellent schools, beautiful scenery, and plenty of outdoor activities. And if you want to explore the rest of the world on vacation or for work without worrying about safety or privacy, then New Zealand is an excellent choice!
That's why I wanted to find out which VPN services are best for New Zealanders: not just what they offer but also how they perform when we test them against my criteria below.
Quick Guide: How to Unblock Streaming Websites in New Zealand Using a VPN
If you want to unblock streaming websites in New Zealand, follow the steps below:
- First, subscribe to a VPN service (We recommend ExpressVPN)that has servers in New Zealand. Then download and install the software on your device (computer, phone or any other device).
- Second, connect to a New Zealand server. This will give you an IP address from that country and make it seem like you are located there.
- Then, Open your Internet browser and enjoy streaming the content you want.
A VPN is the only way to unblock content in New Zealand because this country blocks many popular websites.
Our Recommended Top 3 VPNs – Get a New Zealand IP Address
ExpressVPN is a fast, reliable and premium VPN service perfect for those who want to unblock Netflix, Hulu or BBC iPlayer. We recommend it as a great choice if you are looking to access streaming content from New Zealand or anywhere worldwide while travelling.
ExpressVPN has VPN servers located in 78 countries, including New Zealand. VPN connections are fast and will provide you with a secure internet connection on any device.
The most powerful features of ExpressVPN are:
- VPN connections are fast.
- VPN connections will provide you with a secure internet connection on any device.
- Packed with privacy and security features.
- 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Always available customer support.
We recommend this service for those travelling to New Zealand or any country worldwide looking to access VPN content and/or those who want VPN coverage on all their devices.
ExpressVPN offers reliable and secure VPN connections for all your devices, including the ExpressVPN app for Android and iOS.
ExpressVPN has over 2000 VPN servers in 78 countries worldwide, so you can safely stream content from New Zealand or anywhere else around the world when travelling with a fast connection on virtually any device.
ExpressVPN is perfect if you're looking to access blocked content while abroad as it offers reliable security across their service to keep data safe. ExpressVPN also provides easy-to-use apps that will let you connect seamlessly no matter what device you're using – making it great for those who often travel or always have multiple connected devices!
NordVPN has a lot of servers in New Zealand and is another choice for this country. NordVPN has a dedicated app that will help you stream content from the internet with no problem.
NordVPN packages are packed with many powerful features like:
- NordVPN gives you unlimited bandwidth.
- NordVPN does not log your internet activity, so they don't have data on what websites and apps you're using.
- Nord VPN has a strict zero-logs policy backed up by their double encryption, which makes them one of the most reliable providers to date to protect your privacy with no worries about who might be watching or monitoring your connection.
- NordVPN still allows PTP protocol for torrenting on specific servers where it's allowed.
- The service supports six simultaneous connections per account, meaning there is plenty of room for all family members and devices at home without worry that someone will get left out in the cold.
NordVPN has over 2000 VPN servers in 61 different countries and even allows up to six devices per account. NordVPN offers a strict zero-logs policy with double encryption and PTP protocol for torrenting on specific servers where it's allowed.
Nord VPN still has plenty of room for all family members and devices at home without worry that someone will get left out because they allow six simultaneous connections per account. The VPN application is available for all major platforms like Android, iOs, windows and mac. The apps are also equipped with NordVPN's Double VPN, which encrypts your data twice for extra security.
Our third recommendation for VPN is New Zealand is Surfshark. Surfshark is a good choice if you are looking for the cheapest but decent and reliable VPN provider.
Since SurfShark offers a free trial, it is hands down one of the best VPN providers available! Surfshark has VPN servers in over 50 countries and provides excellent speeds for torrenting on most servers. Surfshark offers a variety of protocols, including PPTP, LCP, OpenVPN (TCP)
SurfShark's drawbacks are its lack of live chat support and limited device compatibility. It only supports Chrome OS and Windows PCs or Apple Macs but not both simultaneously. Android users have to make do with manual configuration instead – although Surfshark does provide an easy-to-use app while all other clients, you must manually configure your settings separately.
We recommend SurfShark because of the following powerful features:
- Surfshark's no-logging policy is among the most stringent in the industry offers a strict no-logging policy, including traffic logs for both simultaneous and individual sessions.
- Surfshark lets you use up to five devices at once with a single account on any given plan.
- SurfShark's monthly cost is also lower than most VPN providers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I use a free VPN in New Zealand?
Should you use a free VPN for New Zealand, the answer to this question is “NO”. Free VPNs are overcrowded, and they can be very unreliable as they do not provide DNS leak protection. What's the point of going through all that trouble to have your privacy compromised? It is not worth it!
What is the best VPN for Netflix in New Zealand?
We recommend ExpressVPN. It is one of the best VPNs that work with Netflix. You can stream HD quality videos without any interruptions. All the packages are packed with many privacy and security features like kill switch, DNS leak protection, military-grade 256-bit encryption and many more. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Can a VPN block New Zealand's ISP tracking?
Yes, a VPN can block New Zealand's ISP(internet service providers) tracking. The best VPNs have a no-log policy which means IP addresses will not be tracked.
Do I need a separate VPN for each device I own?
No, the Best VPNs listed on our website are compatible with all devices. VPN providers have VPN apps for Windows, iOS and Android. Most of the VPNs are available for VPN routers, too, so that you can connect them directly to your router and be protected on all of your devices. VPN settings on routers are an excellent way to protect yourself and your family's privacy.