When it comes to the internet, there are countless learning opportunities, connections, and entertainment – but also lurking dangers like cyber-attacks or government snooping. Counteracting these threats is key to safeguarding your online privacy and security; a Virtual Private Network (VPN) offers encryption of all your web data and masking your IP address – ensuring nobody can trace you back while surfing the net.
Trying to figure out which VPN is the best for New Zealand can be challenging, with so many available options. To simplify it, we've done our due diligence and narrowed down the top three most reliable VPNs optimal for your NZ needs. After meticulous research into these VPNs' features, pricing plans, and performance results- they have been chosen as trusted contenders.
Before you choose the right VPN for New Zealand, let us help guide your decision-making process. In this blog post, we review and compare three of the top VPNs on features, pricing, and performance – so that no matter whether it’s protecting personal info or unblocking content you desire – we have a solution tailored just for you! Get informed now to ensure optimal security and easy access!
Let's review the three most exceptional VPNs for New Zealanders without further ado. Please keep reading to discover which among them made our list and why they are such fantastic options.
Quick Guide: How to Unblock Streaming Websites in New Zealand Using The Best VPN
If you want to unblock streaming websites in New Zealand, follow the steps below:
- First, subscribe to a VPN service (We recommend ExpressVPN), that has VPN servers in New Zealand. Then download and install the software on your device (computer, phone or any other device).
- Second, connect to a New Zealand server. This will give you an IP address from NZ and make it seem like you are located there.
- Then, Open your Internet browser and enjoy streaming the content you want.
A VPN is the only way to unblock content in New Zealand because this country blocks many popular websites.
Our Recommended Top 3 VPNs – Get a New Zealand IP Address
ExpressVPN – The Best VPN App For iOS and Android in NZ
ExpressVPN is a fast, reliable and premium VPN service perfect for those who want to unblock Netflix, Hulu or BBC iPlayer. We recommend it as a great choice to stream content from New Zealand or anywhere worldwide while traveling.
ExpressVPN has VPN servers located in 90+ countries, including New Zealand. VPN connections are fast and provide a secure internet connection on any device.
The most powerful features of ExpressVPN are:
- VPN connections are fast.
- VPN connections will provide you with a secure internet connection on any device.
- They were packed with privacy and security features.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Always available customer support.
- VPN Application is available for all major platforms, including iOS, Android, and Windows.
We recommend this service for those traveling to New Zealand or any country looking to access VPN content or want VPN coverage on all their devices.
ExpressVPN offers reliable and secure VPN connections for all your devices, including the ExpressVPN app for Android and iOS.
ExpressVPN has over 2000 VPN servers in 78 countries worldwide. So, you can safely stream content from New Zealand or anywhere else worldwide when traveling with a fast connection on virtually any device.
ExpressVPN is perfect for accessing blocked content abroad, as it offers reliable security across its service to keep data safe. ExpressVPN also provides easy-to-use apps that let you connect seamlessly no matter your device – making it great for those who often travel or always have multiple connected devices!
NordVPN – Fastest NZ VPN Servers With Free Trial Offer
NordVPN has a lot of servers in New Zealand and is another choice for this country. NordVPN has a dedicated app that will help you stream content from the internet with no problem.
NordVPN packages are packed with many powerful features like:
- NordVPN gives you unlimited bandwidth.
- NordVPN does not log your internet activity, so they don't have data on what websites and apps you're using.
- Nord VPN has a strict zero-logs policy backed up by their double encryption, which makes them one of the most reliable providers to date to protect your privacy with no worries about who might be watching or monitoring your connection.
- NordVPN still allows PTP protocol for torrenting on specific servers where it's allowed.
- The service supports six simultaneous connections per account, meaning there is plenty of room for all family members and devices at home without worry that someone will get left out in the cold.
NordVPN has over 2000 VPN servers in 61 countries, allowing up to six devices per account. NordVPN offers a strict zero-logs policy with double encryption and PTP protocol for torrenting on specific servers where it's allowed.
Nord VPN still has plenty of room for all family members and devices at home without worry that someone will get left out because they allow six simultaneous connections per account. The VPN application is available for all major platforms like Android, iOS, Windows and Mac. The apps also have NordVPN's Double VPN, which encrypts your data twice for extra security.
Surfshark – Best VPN for Multiple Devices in New Zealand
Our third recommendation for VPN in New Zealand is Surfshark. Surfshark is a good choice if you are looking for the cheapest but decent and reliable VPN provider.
Since SurfShark offers a free trial, it is hands down one of the best VPN providers! Surfshark has VPN servers in over 50 countries and provides excellent speeds for torrenting on most servers. Surfshark offers a variety of protocols, including PPTP, LCP, OpenVPN (TCP)
SurfShark's drawbacks are its lack of live chat support and limited device compatibility. It only supports Chrome OS and Windows PCs or Apple Macs but not both simultaneously. Android users have to do manual configuration instead – although Surfshark provides an easy-to-use VPN app for all other clients, you must manually configure your settings separately.
We recommend SurfShark because of the following powerful features:
- Surfshark's no-logging policy is among the most stringent in the industry and offers a strict no-logging policy, including traffic logs for simultaneous and individual sessions.
- Surfshark lets you use up to five devices simultaneously with a single account on any plan.
- SurfShark's monthly cost is also lower than most VPN services.
Best VPN for Routers in New Zealand
ExpressVPN is the best choice for router VPNs in New Zealand to secure your home network and maintain online privacy. Their VPN app for routers is straightforward to use and lets you safeguard all devices with just one VPN connection.
ExpressVPN has an extensive network of high-speed servers worldwide, perfect for streaming, gaming, and browsing. It uses military-grade encryption and has a strict no-logs policy to keep your online activities private and secure. You also get exceptional customer support and a 30-day money-back guarantee. It's an excellent choice for New Zealanders who want the best VPN experience for their routers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I use a free VPN in New Zealand?
The answer to this question is “NO.” Free VPNs are overcrowded, and they can be very unreliable as they do not provide DNS leak protection. What's the point of going through all that trouble to have your privacy compromised? It is not worth it!
What is the best VPN for Netflix in NZ?
We recommend ExpressVPN. It is one of the best VPNs that work with Netflix in NZ. You can stream HD-quality videos without any interruptions. All the packages are packed with many privacy and security features like a kill switch, DNS leak protection, military-grade 256-bit encryption and many more. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Can a VPN block New Zealand's ISP tracking?
A VPN can block New Zealand's ISP(internet service providers) tracking. The best VPNs have a no-log policy, meaning IP addresses will not be tracked.
Do I need a separate VPN for each device I own?
No, the Best VPNs listed on our website are compatible with all devices. VPN providers have VPN apps for Windows, iOS and Android. Most VPNs are also available for VPN routers so that you can connect them directly to your router and be protected on all your devices. VPN settings on routers are an excellent way to protect yourself and your family's privacy.